- 1 lbs Stew beef
- 5 Whole mushrooms
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1/4 Yellow onion
- 1-2 Large potatoes
- 2 tbps Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp Morton Season-All Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Chop potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Place in a microwave-safe container, and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover, and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until you can easily stab a fork into the potatoes. Drain potatoes.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 tsp steak seasoning, 1/2 tsp Season-All, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
4. Chop green pepper, onion, and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add potatoes and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Toss to coat everything in vegetable oil. Add seasonings, and toss again.
6. Take a small pinch of seasoning and rub into each piece of stew beef. Add 2 tbsp butter to a small frying pan. Heat pan to medium-high. Place beef in the pan and sear each edge. Do not cook the meat all the way through. (*Searing the edges helps to keep the meat moist while in the oven.)
Place on a plate to cool for 2-3 mins.